| Written by Garrett French |
| Tuesday, 04 January 2011 14:14|
If you're starting from scratch on a link building campaign, there are a number of crucial considerations, from competition to available resources to your website's linkability.
Basic planning goes a long way though, and can really help accelerate your link acquisition. Jumpstart your link building campaign design with these 22 questions from 7 professional inhouse link builders...
I sourced these campaign jumpstarts by asking this question:
"If a fellow SEO asked for help in developing a link building campaign, what questions would you ask them?"
These campaign jumpstarts are from our inhouse link building interview project.
Target SEO Keywords
- What are the key terms you want to be associated with your site? (3 similar)
- What are your link anchors?
- Can you long-tail any of those terms?
- What are your current rankings?
- What’s your target market + how competitive is it? (3 similar)
- What does your current link profile look like?
- Who is the industry leader for your target terms?
- Have you looked at what your competitors have that works?
Link Building Resources
- What is your budget? (2 similar)
- Is your on-page sufficiently automated so you can dedicate most of your time to linkbuilding?
- How much time will you be able to devote to linkbuilding
- Do we have a team of SEO copywriters.
- What resources do you have?
Prospecting for Link Targets
- Who are your link acquisition targets? (2 similar)
- What is the basis on which you plan to identify categories of sites, and specific sites within those categories, to target?
- What are your core MDKWs (market defining keywords)?
- Do you have a major brand or authority site partners?
- What on-site assets do you require in order to maximize the chances of acquiring links for this campaign?
- What do you think the primary impetuous for those sites to provide a link to you, and is it realistic to think that the identified impetuous is adequate?
- What unique content offering can you offer these people?
Internal Communications + Influence
Special Thanks to Our Inhouse Link Building Contributors
- How might other members of your SEO team (if it exists) and other units in your organization benefit your link building efforts?
- How much control do you have over your company website? If you have little, then this will be tough. I’ve worked for a company in which I had to fight for every little change.
Other Articles in The Inhouse Link Building Series
9 Vital Tasks of the Inhouse Link Builder 4 Core Advantages of the Inhouse Link Builder
| Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 January 2011 15:01|