| RKG is a digital marketing agency providing data-driven solutions to online marketing challenges. |
- Google Local Pack Placement Change Causes Steep Decline in Organic Brand CTR
Google's recent change to the local pack placement is significantly impacting mobile performance. Taking a look at brand organic CTR across a sample of Merkle|RKG clients we found a 34% drop in CTR on mobile devices from early June to last week. Meanwhile, desktop CTR has stayed within 6 percentage points of where it was in early June.
- Ways of Word-making: Semantic Correlation in Google Means Brands with the Right Strategies Build Better Content
A surprising number of companies remain impatient or stymied by the importance of strategy for their content marketing. Such reservations are usually connected to an apparent lack of measures for success in content marketing, and shouldn’t deter brands from outlining a strategy to effectively create, distribute, and measure the impact of their content.
- Video: Are Your Pages Locale-Adaptive?
Learn the basics of locale-adaptive pages and view a simple tutorial on how to assess and/or troubleshoot web pages for internationalization, in this video from Merkle|RKG.
- Amazon to Discontinue Product Ads, Launch a Text Ad Rival to Google
Amazon announced yesterday that they are discontinuing Amazon Product Ads, but launching a new text ad product that will likely supplant Google ads on Amazon.com search results.
- Targeting Non-English Browsers to Produce Incremental Paid Search Orders
For a mature paid search program, it can often be a challenge to find wholly new opportunities for expansion. Targeting browsers with different language settings is one way you can add some truly incremental traffic and order volume to your program.
- Video: A Close Look at How Brands Leverage Pinterest
In this video, George Kamide discusses strategies that brands can implement in order to make their content discoverable on Pinterest, along with examples of how brands have successfully leveraged the platform.
- Prime Day Drives Amazon Product Ads Conversion Rate Down, Impressions on Google Up
Advertisers saw big movement in Amazon Product Ads traffic and conversion rate surrounding Amazon’s Prime Day. It also appears Prime Day shoppers spilled over to search engines in order to verify that the discounts they were getting really were good deals.
- Google’s Buy Button and Expandable Shopping Ads May Push Mobile PLA Performance in Line with Desktop
Google Product Listing Ad performance relative to text ads is currently different on mobile than on desktop. The new Purchases on Google and Expandable Shopping Ads features may help to close the gap.
- Video: How has Mobile Impacted Paid Search?
Senior Research Analyst Andy Taylor sits down with Gemma Birch of Webcertain TV at SMX Advanced to talk about mobile paid search, touching on subjects ranging from geographic trends to cross-device estimates to the implications of the just-announced Google buy button.
- Merkle|RKG Digital Marketing Report: Q2 2015 Released
Today we are pleased to announce the release of Merkle|RKG’s Q2 2015 Digital Marketing Report for download. The report offers data and analyses to highlight trends across paid search, search engine optimization, display ads, comparison shopping engines, and other areas of digital marketing.