| RKG is a digital marketing agency providing data-driven solutions to online marketing challenges. |
- eBay Commerce Network SKU-Level Bidding Out of Beta, Increases Advertiser Control
A new eBay Commerce Network SKU-level bidding option could be a useful tool for a merchants looking to optimize their CSE campaigns.
- When the Best Paid Search Landing Page Isn’t the Obvious One
At Merkle|RKG, we’ve always advocated for using paid search landing pages that match the specificity of users’ queries. However, as is the case with most rules, there are exceptions. Let’s walk through an example of how one advertiser found success using a category level page for some product specific keywords.
- Facebook Product Ads Are NOT PLAs, and Other Things You Should Know About the New Dynamic Facebook Ad Format
Facebook announced this week that advertisers are now able to load product feeds directly into Business Manager for dynamic ad creative. In terms of how this new ad format can help advertisers, there are a couple of key advantages to be aware of.
- Avoiding Inaccurate URL Counts in Google Webmaster Tools Sitemaps
The Google Webmaster Tools Sitemaps page may be deceiving you if you’ve mistakenly magnified the number of URLs submitted and indexed, which is an easy mistake to make because of how Google deals with sitemaps loaded by themselves and those loaded within a sitemap index.
- Google Close Variant Exact Match Conversion Rate 52% Lower than True Exact Match
Across a sample of RKG clients, we see that close variant exact match search terms see a conversion rate of just 48% that of true exact match search terms, while close variant phrase match conversion rate was 86% that of true phrase match.
- 15 Tips for Creating a Strong Digital Marketing Strategy around Your TV Commercial
Hot on the heels of the 2015 Digital Bowl, we'd like to offer marketers a few guidelines for making their television advertisement shine in the digital world.
- Video: Tap into Smartphone Geo Data
Dissecting phone data by geography reveals some interesting trends that advertisers may be able to take advantage of in order to drive even more value from this growing traffic source. Here’s a look at some of our findings surrounding phone performance by state.
- 18 Online Marketing Priorities for 2015: Advice and Predictions for the Year Ahead
Merkle Search Account Managers brainstormed which trends and best practices would be the most impactful to implement in 2015. Who needs 1,000 things to do in 2015? Let’s just talk about the most interesting.
- Capturing Non-Traditional Valentine’s Day Shoppers Online: A Last-Minute Checklist
The traditional idea of Valentine’s Day may not match your company’s offering but plenty of people are looking for non-traditional ways to show they care. Use our Valentine’s checklist to capture some of the gift-giving frenzy and turn it into conversions for your business this year.
- Merkle | RKG’s 2nd Annual Digital Bowl Report Released
We are excited to announce the release of Merkle|RKG's 2nd Annual Digital Bowl Report. This in-depth review of advertiser performance before, during, and after the Super Bowl highlights digital efforts made across channels including paid search, search engine optimization, display advertising, email and social media.