- Why Digital Marketing Podcasts Belong in Your Learning Routine
Marketers are always looking for new and efficient ways to learn. As a marketer, I’ve recently begun working podcasts into my ongoing learning routine. I’ll admit, I resisted for awhile (which was dumb). I think it’s because I have an aversion to books on tape/CD, which comes from being forced to listen to children’s books [...]
The post Why Digital Marketing Podcasts Belong in Your Learning Routine appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- B2B Marketing Roundup: Resources, Trends and Case Studies to Prep for #BMA15
For nearly 900 B2B marketers, this week will bring a cornucopia of ideas, insights and networking opportunities to the BMA National conference in Chicago. There's a lot going on in the B2B marketing space from the increase in humanization of business marketing content to the application of big data, the impact of video, mobile and ecommerce.
The need to innovate isn't owned by B2B marketers of course - CMOs are looking hard at differentiating their marketing and digital marketers are always looking ahead to see what marketing trends are worth exploring, experimenting with and adopting.
Making sense of it all takes time, so as part of my prep for the event, I've curated a nice mix of helpful resources, thoughts about future B2B marketing trends and even some case studies.
B2B Marketing Trends, Research and Statistics:
B2B Marketing Strategy
B2B Marketing Tactics and Case Studies
As I mentioned above, I'll be attending BMA's Global B2B Marketing conference this week in Chicago. Here are the sessions and people I'm really looking forward to most. You'll see several of these presentations liveblogged later in the week and next here at TopRank's Online Marketing Blog:
- Capitalizing on Change: Skills for the New Era of B2B Marketing - Michelle M. Smith, SPIM, CRP, VP, Research, BMA, and VP, Marketing at O.C. Tanner
- Being 3M - Jesse Singh, SVP of Marketing and Sales at 3M
- The Rise of the Data-Driven Marketer - Russell Glass, Head of Products, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions; Founder, Bizo
- Here's Why You’re Failing at Content Marketing - Joe Pulizzi, Founder at Content Marketing Institute
- Predicting the Future: Unlocking the Power of Big Data in B2B Marketing - Laura Ramos, VP and Principal Analyst at Forrester Research
- Taming the Marketing Technology Beast and Teaching It to Fetch (Customers) - Scott Brinker, Co-Founder and CTO at ion interactive
- The Cloud Games: Catching Fire - A big panel featuring:
- INSPIRED: How Brilliant Brands Create a Sudden Urge to Act - Andrew Davis, author, Brandscaping
- Putting Editorial Content at The Heart of B2B Marketing - John Bell, VP, Enterprise Digital Marketing at Travelers
- Successfully Making the Tectonic Shift from B2C to B2B - Mark Wilson, SVP, Marketing at BlackBerry
- Face-to-Face Marketing Rules - Ruth Stevens, President at eMarketing Strategy
- Big Data, Little Data and Marketing at the Intersection - Theresa Kushner, VP, Data Governance at VMware
- B2B Video: The Comedy Writes Itself - Tim Washer, Senior Marketing Manager, Social Media at Cisco Systems
If you're attending BMA, I hope to see you there.
The post B2B Marketing Roundup: Resources, Trends and Case Studies to Prep for #BMA15 appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Online Marketing News: Facebook Feed Buzzes Businesses, Promoted Pins Get Powerful, Twitter Shows Search
Is Influencer Marketing the Next Golden Ticket? [INFOGRAPHIC] – Influencer marketing is growing like crazy. Will it become the next golden ticket? Check out this infographic to find out. The Shelf Google Webmaster Tools Rebrands To Google Search Console – Google aims to get more users on Google Webmaster Tools by renaming it to Google Search Console. [...]
The post Online Marketing News: Facebook Feed Buzzes Businesses, Promoted Pins Get Powerful, Twitter Shows Search appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- B2B Content Marketing Playbook: Tips to Prepare You for the Big Content Game
The 2015 B2B Marketing Report from Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs sheds a pretty bright light on the true state of B2B content marketing. While 86% of B2B marketers are using content marketing, only 8% rate their content marketing efforts as “very effective”. It’s not so different than teams participating in sports like football. Sure, everyone [...]
The post B2B Content Marketing Playbook: Tips to Prepare You for the Big Content Game appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Top Digital Marketing Takeaways From Authority Rainmaker
What does it take to become an authority in your industry? How can we make better sense out of an integrated approach to digital marketing? According to the presentations we saw at Authority Rainmaker 2015, it takes the passion to learn and pursue knowledge, the expertise that warrants credibility and respect of your peers and the [...]
The post Top Digital Marketing Takeaways From Authority Rainmaker appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Good Content Vs. Good Enough Content: A Fight for Sore Eyes with Ann Handley
“Do you have any mustard?” “Give me the mustard.” “Pardon me: Do you have any Grey Poupon?” These three statements mean the same thing, but each is a unique way of asking for the desired item. Often, it’s not what you say, but how you say it. In her session at Authority Rainmaker 2015, Ann Handley shared [...]
The post Good Content Vs. Good Enough Content: A Fight for Sore Eyes with Ann Handley appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Danny Sullivan on the State of Search Marketing in 2015
To say there have been major changes in search marketing in recent times would be a big understatement. From the increased complexity and intelligence brought about by several Google search algorithm updates to the meteoric rise of mobile device usage, search marketers have had plenty to keep them busy. Founding editor of Search Engine Land, [...]
The post Danny Sullivan on the State of Search Marketing in 2015 appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Content Marketing: 6 Steps for Building a Massive Audience
Joe Pulizzi has been a content marketer before content marketing had a name. While working at a media company in the Custom Publishing department, he had dreams of starting a small business, which he eventually did in 2007 by starting a blog about content marketing. Fast forward 3 years later and he had built Content [...]
The post Content Marketing: 6 Steps for Building a Massive Audience appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Stand Out or Don’t Bother: Sally Hogshead on Harnessing Your Fascination Advantage
Why is Jägermeister the bestselling liquor brand that no one likes? Because it’s toxic taste is what sets it apart from all the other liquor choices behind the bar. The worst it tastes, the more people talk about it. That creates a unique experience that people seek out. This illustrates what Sally Hogshead suggested in [...]
The post Stand Out or Don’t Bother: Sally Hogshead on Harnessing Your Fascination Advantage appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.
- Dr. Evil’s Guide to Landing Page Design and Optimization
Copyblogger’s Sonia Simone kicked off her Authority Rainmaker presentation with a question that has certainly been asked before. Is marketing evil? Unfortunately we’ve all come across misguided campaigns that seem intended to trick people rather than help them. But that’s not how it’s supposed to be. “Like brushing your teeth before going out on a date, [...]
The post Dr. Evil’s Guide to Landing Page Design and Optimization appeared first on Online Marketing Blog - TopRank®.