| Search Engine Watch|
| Keep updated with major stories about search engine marketing and search engines as published by Search Engine Watch. |
- Retailers Outspend Luxury Brands on Luxury Keywords in Paid Search [Report]
In the battle for luxury shoppers, top retailers in 2013 outspent top luxury brands on Google AdWords paid search ads in four of five categories: apparel, beauty and cosmetics, shoes, and watches, according to a new report from AdGooroo.
- Google Has Removed 100,000 Links, Approved More Than Half of 'Right to be Forgotten' Requests
Google has removed "the majority" of "right to be forgotten" requests, a number that could exceed the 100,000 mark. It has rejected just over 30 percent of the requests it has received and approved "more than 50 percent" of the requests.
- 14 Top-Notch Resources to Help You Become a CRO Expert
It's becoming increasingly expensive to drive traffic to your website. The only way to maintain or improve results is to increase your conversion rate. Study up on these expert conversion rate optimization guides and tutorials to get up to speed.
- How to Use Twitter Lead Gen Cards to Increase Newsletter Sign-ups
Newsletters are an amazing marketing tool, but building a large newsletter audience can be tough. You can run Twitter lead gen cards for free. Just don't promote it, and you never have to pay a dime. Here's how you do it.
- How to Make AdWords Paid Search Work for You – 7 Important Steps
Want to make your AdWords PPC accounts work better for you? By using these seven routine tasks, you can be not only more effective in managing your paid search clients, but become more valuable to your clients as well.
- Foursquare Upgrades App, Transitions Check-Ins to Swarm
Calling it the beginning of the ‘personalized local search’ future, Foursquare has moved all check-in functionality from Foursquare to Swarm. It has also revealed a new logo and given us a sneak peek of what the new Foursquare will look like.
- SEM the Most Effective Acquisition Channel for 85% of Retailers [Survey]
A study by Shop.org and Forrester Research shows 85 percent of retailers surveyed said search marketing (including PPC and SEO) was the most effective customer acquisition tactic. The study also showed display advertising is experiencing a comeback.
- 5 Content Questions to Guide Your Site Redesign
There's a lot to consider when you decide to redesign your website – it must provide a good user experience, be mobile-friendly, and not lose rankings. But there are also five important content questions to consider before revamping your website.
- Listing Management: The Required Foundation for Local SEO
Effective listing management trumps all other local SEO efforts. It has been and continues to be the required foundation for a successful local SEO program. Consider these four major factors when creating your listing management strategy.
- Using Majestic's Topical Trust Flow to Find Online PR Opportunities
Using this powerful filter you can isolate the categories you're interested in, explore the source links to see the news coverage in editorial context, and identify specific journalists to see what type of stories they're interested in.