| Search Engine Watch|
| Keep updated with major stories about search engine marketing and search engines as published by Search Engine Watch. |
- Happy Thanksgiving from the Search Engine Watch team
Join us as we set our 'out of office' till Monday 30 November and find the roomiest pair of sweatpants in our wardrobe.
- Are Thanksgiving traditions a relic of the past? A Google Trends investigation
Using Google Trends data, here's a look into what the most popular traditions are and find out just how much things have changed since 1621.
- Strategy advice for designing and building a mobile-friendly site
A mobile-friendly site (or app) is not an end; it is a means to that end.
- What are the busiest times for stores on Black Friday?
If you want to avoid the crowds on Black Friday, avoid shopping between 2pm and 4pm. At least, thats what Google's location data says.
- Google announces new store visit metrics in AdWords
Google has today announced new features for its store visits metric for AdWords users.
- Google releases 160 pages of search quality guidelines
In 2013, Google publicly shared its advice to those who perform content checks, which helped to shine a light on what it considers ‘quality’.
- Three user behavior metrics that make a difference in SEO
Why a well-rounded SEO approach must include optimizing for user behavior as well as keywords. [Sponsored content]
- Paid search and PPC: a super accessible beginner’s guide
This will hopefully touch on all the various elements you might hear uttered in the same breath as paid search, taking in such puzzling acronyms as PPC, CPM, CPC and SERP.
- Twitter kills share counts, hands end of dirty stick to distributors
A couple of months ago, Twitter revealed that it was going to release new-look ‘tweet’ buttons with the share counts removed.
- Six of the most interesting SEM stories of the week
Welcome to our weekly round-up of all the latest news and research from around the world of search marketing and beyond.