| Search Engine Watch|
| Keep updated with major stories about search engine marketing and search engines as published by Search Engine Watch. |
- Search Agency Covario Acquired, but its Saas Tools Remain Independent
Covario will be acquired by Dentsu Aegis Network and will transition toward operating as iProspect. Meanwhile, Covario's SaaS platform, Rio SEO, will remain independent.
- Google's My Maps Upgrade Presents Opportunities for Local Search
Google's My Maps feature could help businesses drive in-person traffic by giving them a new tool to better market themselves to consumers searching for what's nearby.
- Amazon and Google: Friends, Enemies or Frenemies?
Reports show Amazon is Google's biggest search advertiser, but the online retailer is reportedly developing its own ad program to rival Google AdWords.
- Why Nofollow Links Could Become the Redheaded Stepchildren of SEO
Nofollow links can be great for traffic, but are they leading us down a dangerous path where we can't trust anything we read online?
- 6 Crucial Link Building Strategies to Drive Quality Traffic
Here are the six most important factors that will guide your link-building strategy and help you choose the perfect immediate tactics to implement on your website.
- Google Patent Aims to Use TV as a Signal in its Search Algorithm
A new patent granted to Google will use signals related to TV shows that are "currently being displayed in proximity to an electronic device" being used to perform a search.
- Bing Predicts Weighs in on Scottish Independence Vote
As voters in Scotland prepare to head to the polls, Bing has analyzed search and social data to predict the outcome of the independence referendum.
- Bing Rolls Out Tablet-Related Device Targeting Updates
After announcing it would make changes to targeting functionality, Bing has begun migrating to unified device targeting based on simplicity, efficiency and control.
- How New gTLDs Fare in Search Marketing [Research]
Globe Runner released findings of an experiment to discover how new generic top-level domains fared in paid search in impressions, click-through rate, conversions and KPIs.
- 8 Lessons for SEOs from Muck Rack’s "Today’s Journalist" Survey
One of the best ways to improve SEO is to get mentions from major media outlets. Here are eight lessons for SEOs looking to increase those mentions from a recent Muck Rack report.