| Search Engine Watch|
| Keep updated with major stories about search engine marketing and search engines as published by Search Engine Watch. |
- 6 Things to Watch for When Starting AdWords for Video
If you're thinking about adding video to your PPC strategy, you're not alone! Here are some tips for easily adding video to your AdWords account.
- How SEOs can Benefit From the Crossover Between CX, UX and SEO
No matter what your role as an SEO, you probably work with people focused on both the customer and the user experience. Here's a plan to divvy up those jobs.
- Yahoo Powering Search Results with Google
Since Yahoo loosened the restrictions of its partnership with Microsoft last April, the company seems to be testing out Google powered search results.
- Toyota Partners with Google Places for Local Targeting
Toyota has paired up with Google Places to create a local search API that enables banner ads to suggest geo-targeted activities to consumers.
- SES Atlanta – The Southern Sweet Spot of Search Events
Join us at SES Atlanta, where we'll feature SEO and PPC talks by Newell Rubbermaid, Aflac, The Home Depot, The Atlanta Hawks, CNN, and more!
- Want to Combine Sites in Search Console? Google Wants to Know.
Google posted a survey today asking for user preferences about grouping sites in order to compare them in a combined report.
- How OpenTable Leverages Data to Create a Holistic Dining Experience
In this Q&A, Joseph Essas, OpenTable's chief technology officer, explains how he and his team use data to provide value for both diners and restaurateurs.
- Get More Contextual With a Switch to Adjusted Bounce Rates with Time Intervals
While bounce rates are an important measure for site performance, bounce rate doesn't have to come only from bounces tied directly to users' time onsite.
- Search in China Goes Beyond Baidu as Qihoo 360 Launches in Hong Kong
Qihoo 360 hopes a partnership with an agent in Hong Kong will help promote its search engine capabilities to international brands looking for new channels to reach Chinese consumers.
- Uber Buys Microsoft's Mapping Tech to Lessen Reliance on Google Maps
Uber has purchased Bing mapping technology and absorbed 100 Bing Maps employees in an effort to build its own geo-location data. The move could allow the company to break ties with Google Maps.