| Search Engine Watch|
| Keep updated with major stories about search engine marketing and search engines as published by Search Engine Watch. |
- Five most interesting search marketing news stories of the week
Welcome to our weekly round-up of all the latest news and research from around the world of search marketing and beyond.
- Winners and losers of Google’s latest mobile friendly update: USA
Last week, Google’s John Mueller confirmed on Twitter that Google's latest, stronger Mobile Friendly Update has been fully rolled out.
- Five ways UX blends with SEO to improve a site’s performance
It’s SEO that may lead traffic to the site and help it reach a higher position on SERPs, but it’s UX that will determine whether the traffic can be maintained and converted into the set goals.
- Why ecommerce sites should use both SEM and SEO for acquisition
It is well-known that in order to get a good return on investment in terms of marketing, online retailers need to be constantly in front of their customers.
- Three tips to improve your mobile marketing from Nick Wilsdon, Vodafone
While marketers realise the importance of mobile, many of them have yet to catch up with consumer expectations, or realise how SEO and mobile work together.
- How to write meta descriptions for SEO (with good and bad examples)
What is a meta description? How do you write one? Why are meta descriptions important? Do they actually help with search engine optimisation? Can I see some good and bad examples?
- Five competitive advertising strategies to outsmart your competition
It's often said that competition is good for your business. It pushes you to be your best. Think Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi, Visa vs. MasterCard, Xbox vs. PlayStation, or Apple vs. Microsoft.
- Is content marketing really working? Advice and insight from #ClickZChat
We talk a lot about content. How to make it, what makes it work, how to measure it’s effects, if there’s too ... read more
- Mobile design and the art of doing one thing well
It’s best to do one thing really, really well – is one of Google’s “10 things” philosophy, written when the company was in its infancy. This is a great mantra for mobile projects to follow.
- Google AdWords launches new features for mobile ads and maps
Google has introduced new tools and features to AdWords to specifically address the consumer shift towards mobile.