| Inside AdSense|
| A look inside Google AdSense. |
- ThriftyFun.com boosts page views with mobile site redesign
Lewis Sandbeck founded ThriftyFun.com
in 1999 as a community for people who seek creative and cost-saving household projects. With the help of AdSense, it grew into a full-time job for his brother, mother, and him.
When the Sandbecks noticed that 40% of their users were actually using mobile devices, they decided to redesign their site using responsive web design. With the help of Google’s multi-screen resources, they began designing “for the smallest screen first” with added experiences for desktop users.
Today, ThriftyFun.com works for users on all devices. Lewis notes that “we’re seeing mobile users actually visit more pages thanks to the new design”. Watch the video
to learn why ThriftyFun.com decided to go mobile.
To learn how you too can provide a great site experience for all of your users, follow our multi-screen starter guide
.Posted by Hye In Kim, Multi-Screen SpecialistWas this blog post useful? Share your feedback with us.
- Linking Google Analytics with your Google AdSense account just became easier
If you want to grow your website and your ad revenue, you need to understand your audience. Google Analytics is a powerful tool that helps you better understand your site visitors and define the right strategy for your site.
We've recently improved how Google Analytics links to your AdSense account, making it easier than ever to understand what's working on your site. With this new update, you can link your AdSense account within Google Analytics in fewer steps and can also link your AdSense account to multiple Google Analytics accounts.
If you haven’t linked Google Analytics with your AdSense account yet, it’s a good time to learn more about your audience. Linking these accounts can help you:
Learn how to link
- Optimize your website: Identify opportunities across traffic sources, geographies, devices, pages and browsers.
- Improve user experience: See which pages are popular among your visitors and which pages drive them away. Understanding where your visitors’ attention is focused will also help you to place your ads where users are most likely to look at them.
- Grow revenue: Make changes based on how earnings are affected by aspects of user behaviour such as visit frequency and page depth.
Google Analytics with your AdSense account in our Help Center and start identifying revenue opportunities. If you don’t have a Google Analytics account, you can easily set up your account
As always, we’d love to hear your feedback. Tell us what you think and share your insights from Google Analytics in the comment section below this post.
Posted by Matthew Anderson - Product Manager Publisher AnalyticsWas this blog post useful? Share your feedback with us.
- Share your thoughts on AdSense, AdMob and other Google publisher solutions
Your thoughts and suggestions play a key role in shaping our publisher offerings. That’s why we’re looking forward to hearing from you in our semi-annual publisher survey launching on November 4th. Make your voice heard by sharing your thoughts, and help us provide you a more useful and impactful publisher experience.
The feedback collected from this survey is closely reviewed to help determine our product roadmap. Thanks to your suggestions last time round, we’ve launched a number of new features to grow your earnings and improve our service. On AdSense these include improved performance with magazine ads
, enhanced control filters
in the AdSense Ad review center and the launch of wire transfer
as a convenient payment method in more countries. You also now have access to additional insights with the integration of Google Analytics into the new AdMob.
Over the coming weeks, you may receive a survey by email. To take part, please take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Update your contact details.
- Update your email preferences to receive ‘occasional survey’ messages.
Whether you’ve completed this survey before or you’re providing feedback for the first time, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to tell us how we’re doing. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Posted by Adriana Satmarean - AdSense Publisher Happiness Team
- A more mobile-friendly look for text ads on the Google Display Network
Readability and appearance are essential elements of a positive mobile user experience. With that in mind, we’ve made some changes to the design of our text ads on the Google Display Network.
The title and description in the new text ads will now be easier for your mobile users to read. Your site visitors will be able to quickly understand what the ad is about because the ad description will be more prominent. In addition, the ad format will give them a more interactive experience, letting them swipe across or click on the dot to see the advertiser website URL.
Be on the look out for our new text ads and tell us what you think of this redesign over on our AdSense +page
Posted by Amit Mhatre - AdSense Software Engineer
& Pasha Nahass - AdSense Product Manager
- Introducing new interactive guides for video and gaming publishers
If you’re looking to earn money from your video or gaming site but don’t know where to start, our new interactive guides can help you. With these new step-by-step guides, you’ll understand which monetization options are available to you and how to use them. Depending on your content type, the following resources will help you get started:Video
- To see how you can earn money from your video content, start with the Video hosting interactive guide.
- If you’re ready to choose between different ad serving solutions and video players, visit the Video ad source interactive guide. This guide will help you determine which player to use and, if necessary, how to integrate Google’s ad serving solution (IMA SDK) into your video player. You can even generate a sample page to test things out.
If you'd like to serve ads on your gaming content, check the Game ad source interactive guide
and find the best video ad solution based on factors like the platform your games run on and if you use a video ad management solution.Ad formats for Video and Games
For both video and games, learn which ad formats are available across video and gaming products for AdSense and DoubleClick Ad Exchange with the Video and Games formats interactive guide
. The guide shows you how to implement each ad format, provides requirements for each, and even supplies sample tags to get you started.
Start exploring your options to earn money from your video or gaming site today with our new interactive guides. We'd love to hear your feedback - tell us what you think in the comment section of this post.
Posted by Greg Sanders, AdSense Optimization Specialist