- Troubleshooting made easier with new Diagnostics tab in Merchant Center
Great product data is at the core of what drives successful Product Listing Ads (PLAs). As you’re preparing your Shopping campaigns for the upcoming holiday season, it’s important to ensure that your data is free of issues so your products are shown to shoppers. To help identify issues with your product data, we're excited to introduce the Diagnostics tab in Google Merchant Center.
The Diagnostics tab provides consolidated issue reporting for your Merchant Center account, feeds, and items. Through this tab, which replaces the Data Quality tab, you gain better insight into the health of your product data, making it easier and faster to prioritize key issues and get your products online.
The new Diagnostics tab also features new reporting tools to find:
- A historic overview of item eligibility status to spot and investigate changes that have caused recent item disapprovals
- A downloadable report containing all affected items and the reasons for disapprovals
- Traffic and impact metrics to help you identify how many items are currently impacted by specific issues
Try out the new Diagnostics tab today in your Merchant Center
account. To learn more about changes to the tab, visit our Help Center
.Posted by Tom Beyer and Sven Herschel, Product Management, Google Shopping
- New ways to rev up your Shopping campaigns
Want to get more impressions and clicks for your Shopping campaigns? Or want to know how to spot missed opportunities in your bidding strategy and find your mobile share of voice? We introduced competitive landscape data
last year so you can start answering those burning questions, and today, we’re excited to announce a handful of additions that’ll help you find new ways to optimize your Shopping campaigns and engage shoppers on all devices.
- Auction insights report lets you compare your Product Listing Ad (PLA) performance to other advertisers participating in the same auctions as you are. With impression share, overlap rate and outranking share, you’re able to see trends amongst your peers and strategic opportunities to improve your bidding strategies.
- Search impression share has been revamped to be more useful and aligned with text ads. You can now analyze your share of voice at the granularity you want with Search impression share in the Dimensions tab. You’ll know which campaigns are limited by a low budget with Lost IS (budget) and which ones need further optimization with Lost IS (rank). Note that we now calculate Search impression share at account level so you may notice a change in impression share between October and November.
- Device and time segmentation are available to help you refine your bid modifier strategy. You can see if your peers received more mobile impressions than you over the weekend with the Auction insights report segmented by device and day.
- Bid simulator columns show you what your advertising results could’ve been had you set different bids. You can add these columns in your Product groups tab and, for example, find product groups that’ll drive the most incremental clicks.
- Flattened view of your product groups presents another way to analyze your performance. It allows you to sort your product groups within an ad group based on performance data and easily identify which to optimize. For example, you can sort by impression share, find a few product groups with the lowest impression share, and fine-tune those bids within a matter of clicks.
We hope these additions will help you identify easy-wins for the holidays and unlock new, more actionable ways to optimize your Shopping campaigns. We’ll continue to explore other reporting needs so you have relevant and useful data at your fingertips. Visit our help center articles for more information on Auction insights
, Search impression share
, bid simulator columns
, and the flattened product groups view
.Posted by Dimitris Meretakis, Product Manager, Google Shopping
- Show promotions on your Product Listing Ads with Merchant Promotions
Two years ago, we launched Merchant Promotions
to retailers in the US, enabling them to show promotions alongside Product Listing Ads on Google search results and Google Shopping. Based on positive feedback, we’re excited to make Merchant Promotions available to retailers in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Australia and India.
|Example of Merchant Promotions on Product Listing Ads on Google.com|
|Example of Merchant Promotions on Google Shopping|
Participating US retailers have seen improved performance from their Product Listing Ads. For example, Venus’s PLAs with Merchant Promotions had a seven percent higher clickthrough rate (CTR), a two percent higher conversion rate, and an 11 percent lower cost-per-click (CPC) than their standard PLAs. Read more about Venus’ success with Merchant Promotions here
. Get started with Merchant Promotions
If you’re interested in learning more about Merchant Promotions or planning on running promotions this holiday season, please review this Getting Started Guide
and fill out the interest form
to get in touch with our team.Posted by Christina Ilvento, Product Manager, Google Shopping
- Winning the Second Chance with Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA)
The Internet gives us more to look at every day: more information, more reviews, more offers. In fact, 49% of customers now visit 2 to 4 sites before they decide to buy1
. One powerful lever to re-engage these qualified customers and close the sale is RLSA.
To help you make the most of RLSA, we’re excited to introduce our new best practices guide, “Winning the Second Chance.” It answers important questions like these:
- What’s the most efficient and effective way to tag your site?
- Which types of remarketing lists should you focus on?
- By how much should you raise your RLSA bid adjustment?
- What advanced strategies can you use to expand volume?
Download Winning the Second Chance
to win your customers over in the moments that matter and to make the most of your RLSA campaigns.Posted by Matt Lawson, Director, Performance Ads Marketing
1Google/Compete Sporting Goods Study: (Sept 2011-Sept 2012) Clickstream BF02 (number of different brands)
- Unlock the Power of Auction-Time Bidding in AdWords
Automating your bids with AdWords can deliver better, more informed bids while saving you time.
In order to help people make the most of these strategies, we’ve put together A Bid for Every Auction
, our new guide to Google’s automated bidding solutions. This best practices guide is for anyone looking to implement or improve their automated bidding.
This guide covers key topics like:
- An in-depth look at auction-time bidding and why it’s important to take advantage of it
- Choosing the automated strategy that makes the most sense for your account
- The best way to test bid automation in your account
- Making a successful automated campaign perform even better
If you’re considering taking the plunge with automated bidding, or if you already have and want to improve performance, download our guide
or the one-page version of our automated bidding checklist
today. Smart automation can lead to better results and more time saved.
Check out these and other Google Best Practices over at g.co/GoogleBP
Posted by Matt Lawson, Director, Performance Ads Marketing